There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate (Charles Dickens)
Who would have believed that cornflake cakes would be my first blogger’s hurdle?! Well, it’s only taken me three attempts and although I really wanted to make these as an Easter treat, I have finally managed to produce a batch I am happy with. Thank you to my mother-in-law Carmen from who I have adapted this recipe – I think it is awesome and I hope you agree!
Chocolate Cornflake Cakes
makes 12 cakes
3 full size mars bars
50 gr. milk chocolate
85 gr. margarine
114 grams cornflakes
2 packets of Smarties
- Place 12 cupcake cases into a muffin tin.
- Chop up the mars bars and put them in a saucepan with the butter.
- On the lowest heat setting, stir until melted. (You may need to take the pan off the heat and stir until fully incorporated
- Add the cornflakes into a bowl and stir in the melted chocolate until all the cornflakes have been covered.
- Using your hands make 12 cornflake balls and place them in the cupcake cases.
- Add three Smarties on top of each cupcake case.
- At Easter time, you can try using mini eggs instead of Smarties.
- I tried the mixture with bran flakes after my first successful attempt and they were awesome too!
- I use my hands to cover the cornflakes with chocolate but always wear gloves (to keep my skin young and beautiful!)