Penne for your thoughts (unknown)
I’ve been experimenting with new recipes which still need some tweaking before I post them. In the meantime, try my Bolognese Pasta Bake:
Bolognese Pasta Bake
200-250 gr. turkey mince
1 tbsp. tomato ketchup
1 chicken Knorr stock pot
1-2 tbsp. dried basil
Approximately 150 grams frozen mixed peppers
1 large carrot
1 large courgette
1 clove of garlic
1/2 an onion
2 x 400 gram cans of peeled plum tomatoes
1-2 tbsp. tomato purée
A little oil for frying
Salt and pepper
300 gr. Gluten Free penne pasta
Approximately 50-100 grams of cheese
- Start by heating some oil in a high sided large frying pan.
- Whilst the oil is heating up, mix the tomato ketchup, chicken stock pot, 1 tbsp. of dried basil, some salt and pepper into the turkey mince until well incorporated. (I wear food gloves and mix with my hands.) Don’t overwork the meat.
- Add the turkey to the pan and chop up as much as you can with a wooden spoon so the mince covers the pan.
- Leave it to cook for a few minutes and keep turning it until it browns.
- Add the peppers to the pan and leave to cook In the meantime chop the carrots, courgette and onion into small pieces and add to the pan Crush and chop the garlic as small as you can and add to the pan.
- Fry the veg for about 10 minutes.
- Blend the two cans of peeled plum tomatoes and add to the pan.
- Cook for five to ten minutes until it has reduced slightly.
- Preheat the oven to Gas 4/180C/350F.
- While this is reducing, place the pasta in a pan of boiling water and boil for approximately 10 minutes, until al dente.
Spread half the pasta into a Pyrex dish.
- Ladle over half the bolognese mixture and grate some cheese over the top Add the rest of the pasta then bolognese and another layer of grated cheese.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes
- Once out of the oven, you can portion into 6 servings.
- Enjoy with a nice salad
- This meal is great as a lunch.