Let them eat cake (Marie Antoinette)
I love using bananas in my baking and so this week, I opted to make the most of my overripe fruit bowl! I hope you like the recipe.
Makes around 12 slices
285 gr. plain flour
1 tsp. baking powder
110 gr. butter
100 gr. caster sugar
115 gr. soft brown sugar
2 free range large eggs
4 ripe bananas
85 ml natural Greek yoghurt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to Gas 4/180C/350F.
- Grease a 20cm loaf tin.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas with the yoghurt and vanilla essence, then stir into the butter and sugar mixture.
Add the eggs and mix well.
- Fold in the flour and baking powder until well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin.
- Place into the oven for about an hour or until well risen and golden.
- Take out of the oven and leave in the tin for a few minutes before turning it out onto a cooling rack.
- No need to ice the cake, it is lovely just as it is!
- If you have any more overripe bananas, chop them up and put them in the freezer to make my Suzy sorbet 🙂