What’s up doc? (Bugs Bunny)
Following the several healthy recipes I have trialled over the past few weeks, I wanted to go back to what I do best….. baking cupcakes! However, I couldn’t abandon my “summery” emphasis entirely so have decided to try my hand at carrot cake cupcakes. Here is my recipe 🙂
(Makes 12 cupcakes)
For the cupcake mixture
3 medium carrots, peeled and grated
120 gr. soft light brown sugar
120 gr. butter
180 gr. self raising flour
2 medium sized eggs
1 tbsp. golden syrup
1 tsp. cinnamon
For the cream cheese icing
50 gr. butter
100 gr. cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla extract
225 gr. icing sugar
- Line a 12 tin cupcake tray with 12 cupcake cases
- Pre-heat the oven at 180C/gas 4
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until you get a lighter consistency.
- Stir in the golden syrup and carrots until well combined
- Crack two eggs into the mixture and add the flour and cinnamon.
- Beat until combined. You should have a dropping consistency. If not, add a little milk until you do.
- Spoon into the cupcake cases.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- They are ready when you stick a fork in the cake and it comes out clean.
- Remove and leave to cool completely on a cooling rack before icing.
- For the icing, combine all the ingredients and whisk until you get a smooth consistency.
- Place the mixture in a piping bag and pipe onto the cupcakes.
- If you don’t have a piping bag, spread some icing over the top.
- Serve and enjoy
- Add a walnut onto each cupcake for decoration and some additional cinnamon into the icing for extra zing!